This month, my fellow House Republican colleagues and I launched our Commitment to America – a promise to every person in this country to restore, rebuild, and renew the greatest country in the world. This effort provides a thoughtful policy blueprint to achieve the change our country needs.
Restore Our Way of Life.
We will keep America healthy and we will defeat the coronavirus pandemic by:
- Increasing rapid testing threefold and developing a safe and effective vaccine
- Reducing health care costs by cutting drug prices, investing in more cures and therapies, and ending surprise medical bills for patients
- Protecting those with pre-existing conditions, and expanding access to telemedicine, opioid treatment, and mental health services
- Preparing for future pandemics by strengthening our national medical stockpiles
We will ensure that our communities are safe and secure by:
- Opposing “defund the police” efforts, and increasing funding by $1.75 billion for improved police training, community policing, and equipment that includes more body cameras
- Continuing to support our brave servicemembers and strengthen our military, enforce our immigration laws, and secure our borders
We will protect the freedoms enshrined in our Constitution by:
- Protecting First Amendment religious liberty and free speech rights, safeguarding the Second Amendment, and defending the unborn
Rebuild the Greatest Economy in History.
We will grow 10 million new jobs and get America working again by:
- Providing $200 billion in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) forgivable loans to support the millions of small businesses across the country
- Extending Opportunity Zone tax credits that help generate $10 billion annually in distressed communities, and extending the $2,000 per child tax credit for our families
- Using pro-growth tax incentives to increase take-home pay for workers and encourage more innovation
We will end our dependence on China and strengthen our economic security by:
- Moving our supply chain for medicine, protective medical equipment, and technology out of China, expanding American manufacturing, and negotiating more free trade deals that are fair to the American people
We will modernize and improve America’s infrastructure by:
- Launching a plan to fix our roads, bridges, and airports in five years (while cutting permitting time in half) and providing high-speed internet access to every household in America
Renew the American Dream.
We will ensure that every child has the opportunity to receive an excellent education by:
- Empowering students to go to schools that their parents believe is best for them
- Investing millions of dollars in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education
We will continue to honor the service of our veterans and prioritize hiring our heroes by:
- Allowing our veterans to continue to choose their own doctor by fully funding the Veterans Choice health program
- Expanding GI benefits so veterans who want a job can get the technical educational skills needed to find one
We will continue to support our citizens’ success by:
- Allowing Americans to pursue job advancement or a new career through more opportunities for technical education, workforce development, and lifelong learning
- Achieving bipartisan consensus to strengthen and protect Social Security and Medicare, and reduce the debt